- Cisco Signal Box USC3331
The Cisco® Universal Small Cell (USC) 3331 is part of the Cisco Small Cell Solution, an end-to-end platform that integrates third-generation (3G), Long Term Evolution (LTE), and carrier-grade Wi-Fi with self-organizing network (SON) technologies and backhaul for an efficient and secure heterogeneous network (HetNet). The Cisco USC Series provides the right access point for every environment, from the home to the enterprise to high-density urban environments such as venues . This product is designed to operate in the home and small office environment.
Download Data Sheet
Cisco USC 3331 Benefits
Three main challenges face mobile operators interested in deploying licensed small cells: where to place them, how to power them, and how to backhaul the traffic. Cisco solves these problems with innovation. Building on a heritage of commercially proven, robust, award-winning 3G access point design, the Cisco USC 3331 is a fully integrated, high-performance, low-cost 3G small cell. The benefits of the Cisco design include:
● Reduced network costs and operations: The intelligence within the solution means the product only requires end users to connect the device to their broadband connection and power source. After that, the device will automatically configure itself and enter into service.
● Carrier-grade 3G base station technology: The Cisco USC 3331 provides the technology equivalent to macro cellular service within the home. It is fully managed by the mobile operator and provides a 3G signal inside the building for voice, data, and messaging services. The Cisco USC 3331 supports up to four or, optionally, eight simultaneous users within a coverage area of approximately 1000 square feet (100 square meters) with no interference to customers not using the device.
● Secure Solution: The device is secure on both the air interface from the access point to the users’ device and on the broadband Internet link. The device uses software signatures and encryption to protect against tampering. In the unlikely event that the device is compromised, it will automatically recover to a known secure state.
● Standards-based technology: The Cisco USC 3331 operates as a Home Node B (HNB) in the standard 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) architecture for small cells and is connected to the network using the specified Iuh interface. This architecture provides a rapid deployment model for the operator reusing an existing HNB network infrastructure.
● Superior indoor signal strength: The Cisco USC 3331 provides coverage signal throughout the home or SOHO, resulting in excellent voice quality.
● High data speeds for an enhanced multimedia experience: By providing local 3G connectivity, operators can support data throughput speeds on mobile devices that outpace what is available from the macro network in the poor signal conditions typically found indoors.
● Simplicity and convenience: Subscribers can use their existing mobile phones and applications, and standards-based, zero-touch provisioning allows end users to install the platform quickly and easily.
Network - EE Small Business